Good stuff all around

Wow, what a day!!! Here's what happend. I began my with receiving some great information about a collection that I am starting at work. Let me tell you a little about it.

It is a shoe collection for a great organization out of Colorado that collects shoes for kids and adults in Africa, Central America and other far flung regions of the world. They take them in, wash them, disinfect them and ship them out to different communities throughout the world for underpriveledged individuals that can't afford something as simple as a pair of shoes. Shoes are something that we really take for granted. These people's wellfare depends on shoes that they can't afford. If they don't have food, they can't go to school or work. These are human beings that need our help. I have been in contact with the organizers for a couple of months to try and get something started at work, but it is finally materializing and I couldn't be more excited. If you want some more info about the organization visit http://www.oneworldrunning.com. These are awesome people that are looking for a way to supply communities with something that we may throw away once we have hit our 500 miles or so.

Anyway, I found out when I got to work today that we are going to be starting the collection next week and it will run for about a month to see how it takes off. Please pray that it works out. This is something that I have been putting a lot of energy into to get off of the ground and it is finally starting to go. People are really excited and I would like to see it be a success.

Secondly, I have been organizing a group to run Iowa's Distance Classic, Dam-To-Dam at the end of May and had a huge breakthrough with one of the group members. She is a person that I have come to know through her desire to start running. She is a smart, bubbly, infectious person to be around and was excited about doing it. She approached me last week after following the training schedule for a couple of weeks and wanted to know if she could get a training schedule for the 5k instead of the 20k. She has been following the schedule pretty closely. Doing the cross training and such, but she was concerned because she didn't know if she was going to hit this weeks long run goal. I told her to scale back if she needs to. I think that she was pretty receptive to it. Then I overheard her talking to a couple of people today, telling them that she did 4 miles and was going to go for 5 but didn't quite make it. I was so shocked to hear it. Not that I didn't think that she could do it, but that she did it. 4 miles is a huge milestone for someone who is not used to running a lot. I am so proud of her!!!! She is going to do it. I know she can. I can't wait to go outside and have her experience full on how much of a joy distance running can be when it's not on a treadmill. Hopefully the weather will start to cooperate and we can go outside soon. Keep sending good thoughts :) Keep running!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report

29:20...My 2017 Booneville Backroads 100