Spring has Sprung

Ok so sorry I haven't posted in a few days, but it has been a crazy last couple of days. We went back home this last weekend to hang out with the fam and my wife had to go to a wedding shower for a friend from college. I hate the drive, but I love to see our family. They don't get to see the girls that often and it is so much fun when they do get to see them. Our oldest loves my sister-in-laws boyfriend. She thinks he is hilarious.

I have been trying to be much better about my diet since the D-t-D is in about 2 months and I really have to hunker down. It is so hard when my dept has so many food days and people just bring food most of the time for no reason. "Hey, I was on time to work today. Have some delicious Casey's breakfast pizza". That stuff is so good and really difficult to control myself from eating 1, 2, 3 or 4 pieces. I have been really good without all of the sugar, but it has really been a struggle. I realizing again how addictive food can be. I find myself CRAVING sugar throughout most days. I love Mt. Dew and could probably live on that and chocolate. I sound like such a girl :)

The running is going great. I had an awesome run last week on the TM and actually went outside on Tuesday of this week. I think that it might have been a little pre-mature to go out since there was 30 mph winds, but hey it was 40 degrees. It was awesome to get out and really get, at least partially, back into the swing of things. I have been in a little funk lately with my exercise program and getting out and doing it helps so much. I went out yesterday (Wednesday) too and it was so much better. My problem though is that it takes a few weeks of consistent running outside to really get used to doing just that, running outside. The treadmills are a good way to keep up fitness, but give you an extremely false sense of mileage. I can do 7-8 miles on a TM, but going outside and 5 seems like such a task. I know it will get better, it does every year.

My shoe drive at work is really starting to take off. We started on Monday and I have been impressed with the results so far.

In my spiritual life, I don't know if I have posted this or not but I think that God has really been speaking to me lately to make some changes in my life and I have decided to be baptized again on April 2. I have been in such a spiritual funk for the past few years and I know that it is a time to come back to the maker for guidance. Our Lord is such a wise being and I am so excited to give my life, heart and soul back to Him. I know that my faith will probably make some of my friends uncomfortable, but I know that if they are my true friends they will support my efforts and my commitment. I have been so blessed with some accepting friends and family and hope to bring them on this journey to the kingdome with me.

Anyway, until next time. Stay Strong, Run Long

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report

29:20...My 2017 Booneville Backroads 100