Where I am at right now

So, sorry I haven't posted in a while (I don't even know how many people read this) but I have been really busy as of late. The weather is nice and work has been keeping me going at about 1,000 mph. A couple of things have taken place recently.

We finally got a new car. It is super sweet. It's a 2007 Dodge Caliber and rocks the house. We had to get a new car because my pride and joy 1996 Honda Accord finally was about to take a dive. It was such a good car, but had so many problems. We got a really good deal on it and have really enjoyed driving around in a really reliable car.

I have caught the bug again. The running bug that is. When I am at work running and going home to all of my girls are what I spend my time on. Don't worry. I am working, but while I am working I am listening to running Podcasts and looking at the pictures of my girls. They just make me smile.

I have been keeping to a pretty consistent training schedule for the Dam-To-Dam. I am doing anywhere from 5-6 miles/day with a group of awesome runners and have been going out on my own for some longer runs. I did 9 miles yesterday and actually feel really good. I ran on one of the hilliest roads in the entire city that I work and my quads really feel it. I think that D-T-D should be pretty easy this year since I have already trained for 2 marathons and am planning on going longer this fall. Speaking of that, I am thinking about doing a really cool run in October. It's called the North Face Endurance Challenge and takes place in Madison, WI. What is an Endurance Challenge you ask? Well, they basically have 4 choices for distances you want to run. You can do a 10k (6.2 miles), a half-marathon (13.1 miles), a 50k (31.2 miles) or a 50 Mile route. Yes, that's right 50 miles!!! I think that that is the one that I am choosing. I know, I know. YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!! But, we all have to have goals and this is one that I wanted to do before I turned 30 (in 2 years) and what better time than the present. I have a good training schedule in mind and am really excited about the chance to maybe do it. I'll post more about that as time goes on.

Speaking of excited. I got some really cool news last night. I submitted a synopsis to my church about my new journey as a born-again Christian and our pastor liked my story so much that he asked me to speak during our services this weekend. It is such an honor to be considered and I am really fired up for it. So I am asking anyone who may read this prior to 5:30 CST 04/26/08 that you pray for me to get through it with no hiccups. It is going to be an incredible experience to share my story with others in the congregation. Anyway, the run is calling me. Talk soon. Gotta run. Stay Strong, Run Long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report

29:20...My 2017 Booneville Backroads 100