Running in the rain and losing my nipples

I couldn't resist the title. So, yesterday I was planning on going for a run, but because it was raining I was going to hit up the stupid treadmill. When I got down to the gym I guy that I have run a couple of times with said, "Hey, why don't you go out with us." I had looked outside prior to going to the gym and it wasn't raining that hard, plus I had some pants and a long sleeve shirt to stay warm since it was only 40 degrees. We went out and it really wasn't too bad. It obviously was raining, but nothing horrible. We were having some good conversations enjoying just being outside when I started to cramp due to the hard hills workout that I did a few days prior. I backed off and let everyone go ahead of me.

I finished a 5 miler in about 45:00. A little faster than my normal pace so that was good. I got back to the gym to shower and get ready for a meeting that I had. I showered and had the normal nipple irritation that I usually get after a run but really didn't think anything about it. Went to my meeting and noticed that my shirt was a little damp. I got back to my desk and thought "Man, why is my shirt still wet" Instantly I thought, "Oh crap. I bet I am bleeding." Sure enough, I look inside my shirt and I had 2 giant blood stains on my undershirt. Luckily enough I was wearing a black dress shirt so no one could see. This was just about the time that I was getting ready to leave and of course the day that this happens I had a 15 minute walk to catch my van. Did I mention that I was wearing a backpack that went right around the nippular region?

For those of you who might not know what I am talking about with the bleeding nipples. When you exercise you obviously sweat. Me, I sweat a ton. When you are wearing shirts that don't wick sweat away (like cotton) or are wearing clothes that don't breathe (my mistake yesterday) the moisture will make your skin very soft and can cause some irritation. When the irritation is coupled with rubbing of clothing you can sometimes get blisters or, in my case, nipples that bleed and fall off :)

Hope all is going well. Remember to Stay Strong, Run Long and protect those nipples

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report

29:20...My 2017 Booneville Backroads 100