One of the best weekends ever

For the past 5 months I have been on a journey to really discover my true faith and where I feel God is leading me. It has been an extremely incredible experience that I can't even begin to explain. I started this trip a broken and beaten person and the people at my Church have really brought out my true potential and my love for Christ.

Late last week I got an email flier from our Church that was talking about the current series we are in and was talking about embracing eternity. Because I have been really engaged by this series and all of the good things that have been happening in my life, I felt intrigued to tell someone my story. Now, I wasn't sure if anyone actually even read the emails when you hit the "Share your Story" tab. I just figured that I could write something, hit send and it would be saved in an email bank. Shortly after that one of the pastors, whom I have come to know and trust in the last few months, emailed me back and said thanks for sharing my story. I thought that was kinda cool since he knew my problems from the get-go. I got another email from him a couple of hours later asking me I would be able to tell my story to the congregation during our service. I have seen this done a thousand times before, but he threw a little caveat into the offer. He wanted it LIVE!!!! WOW. Could I do this? I haven't spoken to a large group in a few years, let alone probably a couple of thousand people that belong to my Church. I graciously accepted and spent the next couple of days asking God if this was the right decision.

The weekend that I had went like this. Friday after work I came home, got the girls ready and headed out the door to my Men's Fraternity graduation. We dropped Lil' Red off at some friends house and took Mini-Me with us. We showed up, socialized for a little, ate a fantastic dinner and listened to so many peoples story about how Men's Fraternity and Women's Sorority has changed their lives. Both of these classes are life changes experiences and I am suggesting to everyone I meet that they need to take one of them. After the ceremony was over and I got a really cool gift for finishing the class, my mentor came up to me to introduce his wife and to give me a gift. I have never met his wife and she is really nice. He handed me a box that contained a Bible. This was not an ordinary Bible, but one that was geared specifically for Godly Men. What a cool gift. I have never had anything like this and it was really special to come from such a great person.

So the next day, we got up and ran some errands before I had to sit down and write what I was going to say for the service. T-minus 4 hours and counting. When I sat down I asked God "Please just give me the right words to say" and my fingers just started flying. Everything came out and it was over 3 PAGES!!!!! Ouch, Tom would be really mad if I rambled on for 3 pages :) I did some creative editing and got it down to just under a page. Phew. After all of the writing, editing, reciting, editing and printing I was down to about an hour to get ready and get to Church. At this point I was running on pure adrenaline because I was so excited. I got to Church, had some mic problems and gave my speech. I was a little nervous, but I think that doing it on Saturday was a great practice run for the big dance on Sunday. The mistake I did make though Saturday night was going home and playing the Wii that we borrowed until about 1:30 AM. OOPS.

I woke up on Sunday morning truly fired up to give my speech again. I got there and really had just an incredible time speaking to people, most of which don't know me, and just telling them about me. I got great feedback from my wife and a couple of our friends that were there and my one hope is that maybe, just maybe, I might have helped at least 1 person the way that I have been helped by so many at my Church. It was such an incredible experience that I hope to be able to have again. PRAISE GOD!!!!

So real quick about the running lately. It is going really well. I did a couple of long runs last week and did some rockin' sprints on Friday. I think that I am finally getting ready for D-T-D. I'll keep you updated. Stay Strong, Run Long!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report

29:20...My 2017 Booneville Backroads 100