So I haven't written on here for a while, but it is not because I have forgotten about the one or two people that read this. I have been insanely busy with family, work and all of the cool things that are happening in my life.

Last week I was listening to the radio on my way in to work and heard the DJ talking about a concert that was coming to a Church a few miles from our house and really wanted to win tickets to the show. As the DJ was talking he was saying that he had a few tickets to give away in a few minutes, but to my dismay I was just getting ready to head in to work. This station has recently changed their format at bit to "recruit" non-believers to listening to music that has a Christian spin. They have changed their name, call letters and slogan (if you live in Des Moines and listen to Christian music you know which station I am talking about) and one of the things that was supposed to disappear with the old station was the on-line stream. I am still a fan of this station and this is the only way that I can listen while I am at work. So I called in to the station to ask the DJ if there is a delay from a live broadcast to the stream. To make a long story short, he was impressed that people were listening on-line still and hooked me up with 2 tickets. SWEET!!!!!! That typically doesn't happen, having worked in radio previously, people were always calling wanting free stuff. It's kind of in our nature to want something that we don't have to work for. I was so appreciative of his generosity. I made a couple of calls to some people who I thought would like the show and all had their own plans. My wife recommended that I call her dad and ask if he would like to go. I was stoked when he accepted. He is a really cool guy and it was going to be fun to go with him.

When we got to the show I really didn't know what to expect. I had never been to a concert at a Church and one of the bands was pretty hardcore. I sensed my father-in-law getting really uncomfortable with the first band. They were NOTHING like the headliner, but a type of music that I personally enjoy. There were 3 really good bands that came on before the headliner that were all very good, but couldn't wait for them to get started. The band is Seventh Day Slumber and if you haven't heard of them click on their name to visit their website. They are really good and the singer has a great story of how he personally came to know Christ.

They played all of the hits that I know and a couple that I didn't, but the singer took time out of the show to really explain to us what Christ has done in his life. It was really neat to hear some of his experiences and where he got some ideas for songs. At the end of the show he encouraged people who were hurting, broken hearted and needing some spiritual guidance to come to the front of the room and pray with him. Now, I am in such a better place in my life than I have been in many many years and didn't know if I needed to go up. Out of the blue my father-in-law gets up and walks to the front. I was totally shocked and excited all at the same time. After I saw him get up I knew that God had made those other people have plans for a reason. God wanted my father-in-law to go with me. He wanted him to come a little closer to Him(God that is). I saw this as a great opportunity for me to share something with him that I had never shared with anyone. I got up myself and went to sit with him and support him with whatever he has been going through. Once the show was over, we gave each other a big hug and I think that I saw him tear up a bit (it might have also been the fog machine too :) ). I may be totally off base on this, but I really think that he got something out of coming up to go with me.

Anyway, other than that things have been good. Ramping up the miles in prepartion for D-T-D. We did a quick 8 miles yesterday. We ran a little different course than we had in the past. It was gorgeous out. 70+ and sunny. Perfect running weather.

The fam is good. Getting stuff ready for the day that I can truly show my wife how special she is and how much I appreciate the stuff that she does for me and the girls. She is a great mother and a great role model for our girls. Even though I give her grief about some of her "quirks" I hope that they grow up just like her. She is such a cool person and I love her so much.

Be prepared for some news about other things that are happening. I don't want to jinx anything that may be happening in the future. Don't get your hopes up, no more babies anytime soon :)

So gotta go. Stay strong, Run long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report

29:20...My 2017 Booneville Backroads 100