1 Week to go!!!!!

Alright. The time has arrived. With one week until the Dam to Dam here is where I am at. Had a little set back in my training schedule late last week, much too long of a story so I will not even go into it. It is a work thing that upsets me, so enough said. I decided late Tuesday afternoon that I had to get out and get at least one more long run in before the race, so when I got home I threw on my gear and headed out. I had initially planned to just do another 10 miler and call it good, but when I got out I felt really good (albeit a little tired) and decided to keep going. I got back in to town, looked down at my watch and saw "11.80 m" and "1:53". FREAKING SWEET!!!!!!!! I think that I will be able to break my previous D-T-D time by almost 10 minutes. I called my best friend (besides my wife of course) last night (Wednesday) and found out that had also run the same distance at almost exactly the same pace. YES!!!! We are going to Git-R-Done and beat the crap out of it. If you can't tell, I am really excited.

Now that the race I look forward to every year is coming up, my next focus is deciding on a longer run for the fall. Here is where I need your help. There is a race in Wisconsin at the end of October called The North Face Endurance Challenge. Click on the link before this sentence to read all about it. I need your help in deciding which race I want to do. Now when I am talking about needing your help, I don't mean the 10k (6.2 miles) or half marathon (13.1 miles). I can run those any day. What I need from you is a little advice on the 50k (31 miles) or 50 mile. That's right, 50 miles. The longest run that I have done is the marathon (26.2 miles) and survived and worked a retail job right after it. So with that said, I could do the 50k probably pretty easily since it is only another 5 miles. If I am going to do these I would also like some suggestions on what charity to raise money for. I am going to try and do something like people who are wanting to donate would donate $1 or $2 for every mile I plan on running during the race. I really think that God is calling me to do this race, but He hasn't given me a clue on which one or who for. Please keep me in your prayers during my training and please look forward to some updates. If you would like to, give me a comment on here or if you have my email, shoot me message. I look forward to hearing from you.

Stay Strong, Run Looooooooooooooong,
Tha Messenjah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report

29:20...My 2017 Booneville Backroads 100