You Need To Fight Like Hell


Turbulent. That's how I would describe my 2018. Rocky. Unsettled. Raging. Rolling. That's what much of this year has felt like.

I've been blessed with good health and a wonderful family, but my 2018 has been anything but healthy. From family health scares to my own personal demons. For the past 12 months, I have struggled with my identity. I would go to work every day feeling empty. Emotionless. Sad. Stressed. Numb. Running wasn't fun. Family time wasn't' fun. The things that brought me joy every day were a chore. Every day I would pray for God to give me happiness and every day was worse than the day before. I was questioning whether or not God truly loved me and wanted me to be happy.

About 3 months ago, my trajectory changed. My world changed. My day-to-day was about to become even more turbulent...or so I thought.

The saying goes, "God won't give you more than what you can handle" and I've always stuck by that notion, but the past 2 years tested it. This year tested the limits of what I thought I was emotionally, physically and mentally capable of.

When you get hit with some news that affects what you have built your identity around, you have two options...lay down and die or fight like hell to show the world what you are made of.

You may be facing a giant right now that is bigger than you. Anxiety, depression, stress. The weight of the world is on your shoulders. Just know that great things can happen when life's biggest obstacle seems to be in your path.

3 months ago...I was a shell of a human. The previous 2 years broke me. Turns out what I was praying for, for years, was happiness when I should have been praying for clarity and joy.

At 38 years old...I am finally learning to live. To breath. To take on each day with a fresh set of eyes on how fortunate I truly am to be blessed with a family that I adore and friends that I love. I've been given an opportunity to show the world that we are not bound by the chains of what our brain is telling us that we are capable of.

God truly doesn't give you more than what you can handle, you just have to learn how to problem solve...

Every day is a new day. A new sunrise. Take this day to breathe and reflect on the beauty that can come from darkness. Choose Joy. You are bigger than giant you are facing. I promise.

I wish you well in 2019. I wish blessings on you and your family and can't wait to see what 2019 has in store for all of us.

Stay Strong, Run Long.

Brad

Comments

Jeff W said…
Hey Brad, I LOVE this. Thanks so much for sharing. There are no doubt many who will benefit. Godspeed on your continued journey to joy. - Jeff W

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report

HE is the reason for the Season