The power of positive thinking

A friend of mine and I embarked on a journey a little over a year ago. My post today will be about the pride that I have found from just the email that I got from him this morning.

This guy has been a friend of mine for a few years now. We have shared some great experiences together and I think that this will probably be the best. During my walk with Christ, he and I have talked quite a bit. We have thrown around war stories and how God has basically pulled us out every time. When I decided that I was going to make a commitment to stop drinking for a year I felt compelled to bring him along. I did feel a little resistance from him, but he did surprise me one day by telling me that he was going to do it. My jaw almost hit the floor. This guy loved the sauce. We was kind of known for his expensive taste in alcohol. I didn't really believe that it would happen, but wanted to support him anyway.

Over the last year, he and I have struggled together. I would call him whenever I wanted just one and told me that there was so much to work for. I knew that we was struggling primarily because of what was happening in his world. He had just gone through a job change, moved to a new city, his job was under water due to the floods of '08 and was having difficulty selling a house while paying for rent at a new place. I thought that if he was going to crack he was going to do it soon. Boy was I wrong.

Things slowly started to turn for him. The house sold, the waters receded, his job is getting better, they are slowly starting to get more involved in their community and the best gift of all, he has decided to wash his life clear of all the garbage that has plagued him for so long and the blood of Christ is going to be the cleansing agent!!!!!!!!

His one year is today and after all of the stuff that has happened he came out victorious. He sent out an email this morning to a bunch of people whom I have never met. Maybe people from work or church or something, but basically just describing how hard the last year has been for him. At the end, he shocked me even more and said that this weekend he is taking the next step of faith and being baptized.

I ask for you to pray for him that his life may be as blessed, if not more so, than mine

Stay Strong, Run Long
Tha Messenjah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report

29:20...My 2017 Booneville Backroads 100