20 miles in and it is only Wednesday

Hey guys,

I figured since I had a great day today of running that I would post about it. Finding the motivation has been pretty easy lately because I know with this run coming up in a few months, I kinda just have to do it :)

Anyway, Monday of this week I decided that I would get a good long run in. I had a pretty relaxing weekend and the weather wasn't great for heading outside so I did what every dedicated runner would do, I stayed in and ran on the treadmill. Now I will go on record and say that running in place for 1 1/2+ hours could potentially be the most boring thing on the planet to do (aside from bird watching. Sorry to any bird watchers out there). I got at new iPod nano (long story with the old one) and made sure on Sunday night that it was loaded up with super motivating stuff. I had some running podcasts, some crazy fast and loud tunes and some other garbage that I probably won't listen to.

I jump on and about 3 miles in I start to get a stinging pain in my foot. Now if you know me or have followed this blog you know that I have PF (plantar fasciatis). If you don't know what it is look it up. It sucks. So I just decided to run through it. It was really starting to hurt and then all of a sudden it went away. Not completely but enough to make it tolerable to run. I took some walk breaks just to keep myself fresh and finished 10 in 1:30. Not bad, but could have been better. I finish my workout, head to the locker room and realize that my sock is all squishy. I thought to myself "ah, it's just sweaty socks." I take off my sock and see quite possibly the biggest blister I have ever seen. I am talking half-dollar sized with no pus in it. Then I realized that is what was bothering my foot and it felt better because it popped. Really gross, I know.

So I felt pretty good, despite this gigantic growth on my foot. I took yesterday off and just rested and then today I decided that I felt pretty good. Maybe 2 long runs in one week????

It was still pretty windy this morning and on the cool side so I didn't bring my outdoor stuff with the thought that I would stay inside again. I didn't really know how much I wanted to do today so I just jumped on. Again, I felt really good so I decided that I would do just 6 today. 6 came and went and my legs were still pretty fresh so I decided to do another 4 to make it another 10 mile day. Right as I was thinking that I get that familiar pain. In the same foot. I thought to myself that there was no way that I could get another blister in the same exact spot. I pushed through and the same thing happened. As soon as I hit 10 I jumped off and took of my shoe to find another blister about a quarter of an inch from the other one. That's right. One blister on top of another blister. Hurts and really gross at the same time. Oh well. If I want to run 100 milers I guess I have to get used to it. Maybe I should get my big toenail removed now too??? :)

Race planning is going well. I got a great compliment today from a guy at the church saying that his leadership group used me as an example of how I am using "non-religious talent" to serve God. I would say that I am talented, probably more psychotic. But how cool to get a nice comment like that when all I am really trying to do is spread God's love to all corners of the earth. If I can abuse my body for good and be able to provide hope for some kids that I probably will never meet, what better way to glorify Him???

Keep watching the blog for more info on ways to donate and how to get involved in this adventure. One side note, we did finally decide on the name "Run For The Pines" and will be getting a logo real soon.

Stay Strong, Run Long
Tha Messenjah

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Brad, how has the past month been for you all - running and everything else? Hope you and S, K, & A are doing great! P.S. There is a tag for you on my blog http://momwriterme.blogspot.com/2009/05/tag-award.html!

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report

29:20...My 2017 Booneville Backroads 100