I LOVE my wife....

This post won't be my usual ramblings about races or my weight loss. This post is something that may or may not strike to the heart of some people.

I'm not shy about it when I say that my wife is my best friend. Having been together for nearly 20 years of our lives, I feel that I know everything about her. She knows everything about me. I can tell her everything...except for running stuff because she's tired of hearing about it...but she is the one I know that I can always count on when it comes to our lives here on earth. I love her more than any person that walks this earth. I love to hug her. I love to hold her. I love just being in the same room as her. I love all of her quirks and everything about her. She is my love.

I would be lying if I didn't say that tragedy is something that is always in the back of my mind. What would I do if she weren't here? Would I be angry at God for taking her away? How would I raise our kids by myself?........I'm not that good at raising them when she is around.........What would I do?

This last week, an NBA coach lost his wife in a car crash. I don't follow the NBA so the name really isn't all that familiar, but I saw the story on ESPN this morning at the gym (where there was no sound) and wondered why they were showing the funeral of someone who wasn't an athlete. When I got to work I saw the news story and watched the video below. If you are reading this, you must have a few minutes more to watch. It's 4:15 of your day that is worth watching.


What a powerful message of forgiveness. "God causes all things to work out...". "We can not serve the Lord if we don't have a heart of forgiveness...."....Wow!!!! I really hope that I have this kind of attitude should something like this happens to me. What an amazing faith in the one who created us that Mr Williams wouldn't blame God or the woman that caused this tragedy for his loss. But ask for people to pray for her family.

God is love. God is hope. God is forgiveness. God is the creator and designer for everything that is in your life and mine. Honor Him in all that you do. Spread his message of LOVE to the masses. He is a just God. Not everything is unicorns and rainbows, but seek Him and you will know what undying love looks like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

29:20...My 2017 Booneville Backroads 100

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report