10 Years...(Part 1)


Coming up in a few short weeks I will have accomplished something that I never thought I would be able to say that I have done. At the end of August 2004 I began a journey. A journey that has taken me on some amazing highs and some tremendous lows. A journey that has been filled with tears of happiness and tears of sorrow. A journey that has shown the world that with a little hard work and determination (and a whole lot of stupidity) you truly CAN change yourself.

Along this journey I have learned how much the human body and mind is capable of. I have been blessed with health, happiness, humility, hunger, pains and purpose. The past 10 years have brought me out of the pits of depression and destruction to a life filled with purpose and passion.

The last 10 years has seen my marriage soar. The journey has brought me 3 of the most beautiful, talented, creative, adventurous little girls. This journey has given me the opportunity to be a dad to them and show them that no matter what life throws at you, one foot in front of the other can lead you to happiness.

This journey has taken a pre-diabetic foodaholic with no desire to even get off the couch and created a man with a desire to take over and show his family the world.

This journey has allowed me to see parts of the country and state that I never would have seen. Along this journey I have seen back country roads (God's Country), Mardi Gras on the morning after, every single step around a lake for 24 hours, parts of cities that I never would have experienced otherwise, and some of the most beautiful woods I could imagine.

This journey has given me stories of being attacked by animals. It has given me stories of throwing up in the woods after 16 hours in a park. It has given me stories of helping others who are struggling. It has given me stories of the absolute best and worst in humans.

This journey has given me time. Time that I never would have gotten on the path I was headed down. It has given me time to reflect on how beautiful and short our lives truly are. This journey has woken me up at 3:30am and pushed me out the door at 10pm to experience the beginning and ending of days.

Most importantly, the journey that I have bee on for the past 10 years has given me the chance to show the world that your own mind is the only thing keeping you from greatness...

Stay tuned for more...

Stay Strong, Run Long,
Tha Messenjah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report

29:20...My 2017 Booneville Backroads 100