Nerves are setting in

With 2 weeks to go 'til the big day, my nerves are finally starting to set in. Did I train enough? Did I do enough long runs? What shoes am I going to wear? What am I going to include in my bags? Should I take bags? YADA YADA YADA. But overall my concern hasn't been about the race. I know what the course is like, I've been running the trails more in the last couple of weeks now that they've dried out, and I've been training...differently. I don't know. There is almost a calm about the race and more nerves on the planning.

If you've followed me for any length of time, you know that I'm not a very high mileage person. My mileage through 04/08/12 is only sitting at 413 miles YTD. Comparatively I have pretty low miles, but lately I've been feeling pretty strong. I still have been walking the hills on the trails, but my road/gravel hill runs have proven that I am getting stronger every day. I'm not fast, but I feel that with proper hydration/nutrition I can go for a very long time.

My most recent 25 mile run actually has taught me that I am ready for this. I ran it very conservatively and paid attention to my hydration especially and when I finished I wasn't overly tired or sore. We went to church right away afterward and I worked on our kitchen with no real problems. The days after even proved that because I paid very close attention to my hydration and nutrition I was setting myself up for success if I just replicate.

Regardless, if anyone out there in cyberspace is one that prays, I would ask for your prayers and positive vibes be sent to Lawrence, KS on 04/21/12. I think I am going to need them :)

Stay Strong, Run Long,
Tha Messenjah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report

29:20...My 2017 Booneville Backroads 100