Here we go again

Many of you may remember that a few years ago I did my first Ultramarathon at the Free State Trail Ultra. I did the 40 mile version and, aside from the massive amounts of mud, I truly loved it. I've done a few short races over the past year but my training has been less than stellar. I was still able to log about 1500 miles in 2011 but that's not nearly as much as I was hoping for. I ran a couple of 5k's in 2011 along with the Dam to Dam 20k, but that was it. I was....let's just call it less than inspired.

I have seen the posting on Facebook from the KC Trail Nerds go up and knew I needed to try my hand again at this race. Fortunately for me the company that I work for is really starting to embrace the importance of a healthy diet and exercise and includes race entry into our Wellness reimbursement plan. We bought a treadmill last year and used the reimbursement for that and with no big purchases planned I knew that this was an easy fit. So again starts my training for my next ultra. I'll hopefully, time willing, be posting more often on my training and how things are going. Stay tuned.

Stay Strong, Run Long
Tha Messenjah

Comments

Mike said…
Hi there,

Found your blog while searching for info about Klean Kanteen bottles.
Really like what your philosophy about running. An inspiring read.

Did you ever get the answer to this: http://www.runnersworld.com/community/forums/runner-communities/trail-running/klean-kanteen

I'm thinking about the same thing, using a 27oz classic together with a Nathan Trek belt.

All the best!
Mike from Sweden

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report

HE is the reason for the Season