Tough Seasons

I haven't posted here in a long time and there is a reason. Everyone goes through those "seasons" in life where you just can't find the time to participate in the things that you love. I am in one of those "seasons" right now.

I switched jobs in Feb. 2011. It is a far better situation for me to be working where I work now, but my previous employer had a gym and shower so I could run/workout in the mornings or over lunch and have my evenings to spend with my family. Because the situation was so bad at my previous job it was a no brainer to get out when I had the opportunity. The one thing that I didn't think about though was how it was going to affect my workouts. I know that you should never base a career change on how it is going to affect your working out but with kids that are in so many things it really does hinder things a bit.

I have been trying to stay active but when you get home at 5:00, get supper made, hang out with my kids, and put them to bed I literally have about 2 hours to just relax with my wife or do stuff around the house. That leaves me all of 10 minutes to actually run and by that time I'm exhausted and need to go to bed.

I've been trying to get out right away after supper and run shorter but for someone that is trying to train for another ultra it really doesn't help. I'm trying to stay positive but I feel like I've put on weight and it stresses me out. I have put on about 10-15 lbs (I don't like to weigh myself to know exactly) but I want those days of 15-20 mile runs. UGH!!!! It's really depressing.

To make matters worse, we are coming in to the worst running season of the year. Tonight I am going to try and get one last trail run in before the weather goes. We are in for snow tomorrow and it probably won't let up for the next 5 months. So wish me luck.

Stay Strong, Run Long
Tha Messenjah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report

29:20...My 2017 Booneville Backroads 100