What I've been up to lately

Hey everyone out there in the blogosphere,
I know that it has been some time since I have blogged last. I am terrible at keeping up with this thing. First off, I haven't stopped running. Maybe stepped back a bit. With a year of more than 2,000 miles you have to take some time to recover a bit and get your fire back. I recently switched jobs and that has thrown a huge wrench into the spokes. When I say wrench, I am talking one of those big ones that you see in the news on those mining rigs. I was running so well with my peeps at my last job and really took that for granted. I had a set time and day that I would run. They kept my speed up and pushed me to my limits. Now, I don't have that. I work with a lot of sedentary people. Although all of them are super awesome, none of them show the love for running that I do. A lot are recreational exercisers but can't believe that people actually run more than 26.2. Most think that I need my head examined for even considering it :)

I did buy a dreadmill and it is an awesome one but there is nothing like being outside, but I get really tired of the same route all of the time. My long route always starts of with about 7 miles of rolling hills with about 1000 ft climbs. That may not seem like a lot to a lot of these ultra guys, but here in the humidity and wind in the Mid-West, that SUCKS!!!! Then to make matters worse, I have to turn around and end with those same 7 miles worth of hills. AAARGH!!!!

Not to be completely negative though. I am really excited where my life is. My new job rocks. So much better than the last 4 years that I spent doing. I loved a lot of the people there, but didn't like a lot of the people there. I feel like I actually matter at this place and it is a good feeling.

So to give you some clue as to where my runs are at. I am doing the Dam To Dam in a couple of weeks and going to ramp up training quite a bit to possibly pace a dude at the Leadville 100...which is going to be friggin' sweet...More to come on that...

Anyway, hope all is well out there in the world

Stay Strong, Run Long
Tha Messenjah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report

29:20...My 2017 Booneville Backroads 100