Update

I wanted to provide, the few of you who read this, with a little updated since my last post. In the past 3 weeks I have run a total of 4 times. Why you ask? Well, a couple of weeks ago when I was on the treadmill (my arch nemesis) I took a weird step and felt something that didn't feel quite right in my knee. Trying to be smart, I took a week off and felt great during the run and when I stopped I started to have the same pain. Waited another week with the same result. Waited another week with the same result. What the heck is the problem here????? UGH!!!!! It's really strange because when I am out on the run it feels great but when I stop it hurts. I'm not sure. Maybe that is just telling me to not stop running. I bet Mrs. Messenjah would LOVE that idea :) Pray that something gets fixed and I can get back out on the trail/road soon. I am a much happier person when I can get in a run.

Not sure what my next race is going to be. It was going to be one of my favs, but with this knee thing I don't really want to risk hitting up the 20k Dam to Dam in a week, but may do my first 5k in probably 2 years the same day. Something short will probably do me good.

A good friend of mine is part of the Cranky Gnome Athletic Club and gave me some great info about an event that they have coming up in the fall. They are having a 6, 12, & 24 hour Equalizer in Des Moines and wants me to consider giving it a shot (this website is from last years event). I am seriously considering it because it is on a very safe, flat trail around one of the lakes and put on by a great group of people. It's either going to be that or a 50 mile somewhere. Not sure yet though. I'll keep you posted.

I don't really have a lot to talk about since I haven't been running that much. Just really looking forward to the summer and to camping a lot. We are going to the Bonnaroo Music Festival as mine and the Mrs' 30th birthday presents to each other. Should be lots of fun. Not a ton of music that I am familiar with but a music festival none-the-less.

I have gotten really into reading other peoples running blogs lately and is kind of addicting. Here are a few links to some of them that I am following:
...And the Adventure Continues (my good friend Dave. Great runner and Great Christian man)
A Trail Runner's Blog (a lot of peoples favorites)
Dirt Diva (Catra is freaking awesome!!!)
Endurance Buzz
iRunFar
Riding The Wind (Anton Krupicka. This dude is a stud. He just won Miwok 100 if you didn't know)
Ultra Faith
Barefoot Ted (from "Born To Run")
Rogue Valley Runners

That's about it for now. Until next time. Same bat-time, same bat-channel

Stay Strong, Run Long
Tha Messenjah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report

29:20...My 2017 Booneville Backroads 100