Run the State

So here we are in 2009. I know, it has been 10 days that we have been in the new year, but this is really the only time that I have had the chance to sit down and write. With all of the bad news of 2008, I must say that I think that it was such a great year. My marriage is possibly the best it has ever been, I rededicated my life to serving my God, I decided to be baptized (for all of the right reasons), and I decided that I was going to take on one the most challenging things I may ever do. As noted in some of my other posts, a group of crazy people (myself included obviously) have decided to run across the state of Iowa to raise money for an orphanage in South Africa. I know that this is old news to most of you but as we get more into 2009 it is starting to get more real for everyone involved. Don't get me wrong, I am not regretting making this decision one bit. It just got real when I met with one of the pastors that is involved with it yesterday. We started talking sponsorships and other things and I realized that we have a long road ahead of us (literally and figuratively). Anyway, I am so excited for all of the possibilities that it is going to bring. We haven't quite decided yet what the money raised is going to specifically going towards, but my main hope is that it will bring hope and encouragement to the kids there. Anyway, now I have to go do some other things but please watch this blog and your inboxes for more information to come. Take care.

Run Strong, Run Long
Tha Messenjah

Comments

Kay Martin said…
How do I sponsor you wild wild saints in Iowa? Love your enthusiasm.

Kay in SC
ThaMessenjah said…
Thanks for the interest Kay. Please check the latest blog to get my email as I am not able to email or message you back.

Tha Messenjah

Popular posts from this blog

Raccoon River Valley Round FKT

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUD SQUISHING UNDER MY FEET...My 2016 Booneville Backroads 100 Mile Race Report

HE is the reason for the Season